Course Program: PH.D.
Instructor: Dr. Yao
Course Title: Special Topics in State Variable Analysis
Credit Hours: 3 credits ＼ 3 hours
This course provides a graduate-level to State-space methods and its application in control theory.
Modifications to this syllabus may be required during the semester. Any changes to the syllabus will be posted on the course web site and will be announced in the classroom.
1. Review of Mathematics Fundamental to State-Space Concepts.
2. State Variable Models for Systems.
3. State Feedback Design and Observer Design
4. State Transition Matrix and Equation
5. Controllability and Observability
6. Composite System
7. MIMO System
8. Similarity Transformation and State Transformation
9. Optimal Control Systems
10. Matlab Tools
11. Paper Review
Assessment Methods and Grading：
Homework: 20%，Quizzes: 20%，Mid-term exam : 30%，Final exam : 30%.
2.Benjamin C. Kuo, Farid Golnaraghi, Automatic Control Systems, Wiley..
3. Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop, Modern Control Systems.
4. Jacqueline wilkie, Control Engineering, Palgrave.
5.蔡瑞昌, 陳維, 林忠火,“自動控制”,全華.
Undergraduate level control theory, basics of linear algebra, and differential equations. The students are expected to have basic understanding of dynamics, transfer functions, feedback and forward, Bode plots, poles and zeros, and PID. Basic familiarity with
Matlab is also required.
Office Hours: based on appointment
Lab website: http://blog.ncue.edu.tw/kcyao